Sunday, September 9, 2012

#10 Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Since I already had the Mercedes logo, I decided to go ahead and make a speculative modern McLaren Mercedes NASCAR scheme. Lewis Hamilton actually did a seat swap with Tony Stewart at Watkins Glen. The last F1 driver to do a seat swap was Juan Pablo Montoya with Jeff Gordon at the Indianapolis road course, and now he's in Cup. I don't think Lewis Hamilton (or teammate Jenson Button) are likely to make the jump any time soon, but who knows what the future may hold. Maybe once he retires from F1, he'll decide to try his hand at something new.

Either way, this paint scheme was a bit different than most. I took my inspiration from the Silver and orange style the V8 Supercars ran a couple years back. (So maybe it should be a Holden? Heh.) On the right side, I copied the way the Sponsor name runs all the way along the door. On the left side, I experimented with incorporating the logo into the car number. I'm not sure which side works better, so I currently race this scheme somewhat lopsided.

#10 Vodafone Mercedes NASCAR Lewis Hamilton

#10 Vodafone McLaren Mercedes NASCAR - V8 Supercar Scheme

No comments:

Post a Comment