Tuesday, September 4, 2012

#12 Ford Lotus NASCAR

Sometimes it's fun to try speculate as to what other famous motorsports liveries or paint schemes would look like in NASCAR. Lotus has a long and varied history in racing, mostly focused around open wheel racing. They ran Formula 1, and also made a successful go of the 1965 Indy 500, hiring NASCAR's Wood Brothers team to pit them.

One of their more famous paint schemes involves British racing green, with yellow racing stripes, and the number in the classic white circle. I chose to make the first attempts into Fords, due to Ford's history both with NASCAR and Lotus.

#12 Lotus Ford NASCAR Front

#12 Lotus NASCAR Ford rear view

I decided to make another version with some other sponsorship. Olympus Cameras has sponsored them in the past, and I own an Olympus, so I went with that. Obviously I put huge amounts of thought into this, heh.

#12 Ford Olympus Lotus NASCAR

#12 Olympus Ford Lotus

Lotus and the Wood Brothers, together again!

#12 Ford Lotus Olympus NASCAR


EDIT: I later made a model using the black and gold John Player Special paint scheme for a followup Lotus NASCAR

No comments:

Post a Comment